Friday, May 29, 2009

Oncologist Visit

Beccee's email from May 28, 2009...
---------------------
Ok my friends and family. We met with Dr. Johnson the oncologist this afternoon. he still does not know what is growing inside my lungs. To make this short and sweet (cuz I'm tired and want to go to bed) He has a wonderful bedside manner, he's definitely in the right field of medicine. We felt calm and secure and very informed. He's encourged by my normal blood test results and the negative biopsy, but he still feels that we are dealing with a malignant tumor/or lymphoma...but what a smooth and silky way he has of delivering that news. He has NOT taken other options off the table - so it could be a few other things that are not cancer. He made us feel ok about clinging to those other options.
Tomorrow I have a PET scan to make sure this is not in any other part of of my lymph node system or any of my organs. I will be missing Millie's End Of School Year Program, but she thinks it's really cool that I'm having an xray and wants to see it asap. We explained to the girls tonight that mommy has been seeing a doctor about her "asthma" and there will be more doctors. They were cool with it. They both included me in their nightly prayers. Awww.
LADIES NOTE: I was slightly admonished for not having a follow up mammogram last year....how could it be a year over due?????? But it is. Shame on me. GO GET YOURS!
We are being referred to a surgeon, Dr. Pearlstein. Dr Johnson explained that we need a bigger biopsy to find out what we are dealing with and how to treat it. He told us to expect a more invasive and aggressive procedure to remove a larger biopsy, if not one whole mass. I could be in the hospital for a few days. But that's normal. Hopefully we can make those arrangements as soon as next week.
This waiting is awful. But I feel like  a weight has been lifted off of my chest after meeting with Dr. Johnson. He was honest, but kind. And even though it still feels so vague, at least my bubble didn't pop, yet. So I'm good.
I wish we could tell you more. But it looks like more waiting and waiting.
All our love and thanks for continuing to pray.
Love Beccee, Ron, Emma and Millie.
--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment