Friday, May 29, 2009

Beccee's second email

Beccee's email from May 27, 2009
------------------
OK - After a long day and a half of waiting and waiting the doctor (Pulmonologist Dr. Neuman) called and basically said her results were negative but inconclusive. From her vantage point inside the bronchial tube she could not see the masses. They were outside the tube, so she hunted and pecked with a needle to get a few samples. Her samples came back negative, which she feels means nothing. She has referred us to an oncologist that will try a more invasive entry at the masses to get a bigger and better sample for biopsy. We are meeting the new doctor, Oncologist Dr. Johnson, at Wauk Memorial tomorrow (Thurs) at 3:45. Although I believe this is an office visit, I also believe the procedure will be performed as soon as Friday. So, we wait and pray some more. Dr. Neuman has not taken Vasculitis or fungus off the table, but she made it perfectly clear to me that she truly believes we are dealing with tumors and her faith in the alternatives is extremely low. I offered to her that since they are still on the table as options, then she should allow me to have those chances and hope for the best. She conceded, but with caution that I don't rest my hopes too much on those options.
I'm sorry I don't have more information for you. This waiting is awful. Especially since the pressure in my chest is becoming unbearable and speaking is becoming more and more difficult and we all know how much I LOVE to talk! My sadness rests in that I can no longer sing. Just typing that out could finally make me cry. I really need to sing a rousing chorus of Four Non Blondes right now! And it would never be more appropriate than at this moment! So raise a glass of wine for me tonight, and sing a loud chorus of "HEY HEY HEY...." Sing it so loud the neighbors want to join in!
Thank you my Y-Chicks for keeping me company on this excruciatingly long day!
And to my family for the new appliance in our basement - I LOVE YOU! Thank you.
Terry and Tim, funny, entertaining and uplifting as usual.
We will call or email as soon as we know more. But for now, I'm seeing only good and positive things inside my happy safe bubble.
If you see Ron, give him a hug.
If you see my girls, MUMS THE WORD!
Best,
beccee
-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment